A Journey for Our Daughter

We are Mark and Kari. This blog was created for family and friends to follow along on our adventure to Nanning, China, for our daughter, Thea QiuXiang. We are home now, posting updates about our own little Wonderful World as a family of 7!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Nothing, Nap, Nothing





Well, today was a lot about nothing. Once we checked into our room, we sat around, napped and napped some more. It is 1:45a and I'm about ready to go to bed.

Mark says that my blog is boring this time around and I need to do something to liven it up. At around 10p he and Kam wanted to go to the 24 hour restaurant in the hotel. He had a few suggestions for fun photos.

Matthew, Kam says to look at the photos of the menu choices. He is sure you can pick out something yummy :)

I don't know if I've had too much rest today, not enough in the past week or I'm just dillusional, but I haven't been able to stop giggling. Mark ordered a pizza and when it arrived, the look on his face was priceless. He said "note to self - do not order pizza in China hotel"! It wasn't big enough to feed Ben, let alone Mark who consumes more food for his body weight than logically possible. He threw his hands up and said "that is it, I am surely going to starve on this trip"! I couldnt' stop laughing.

On Kam's food note - I have documentation to copy. I bought him a journal made especially for children flying to China to adopt a sibling. He was working on his page "What did you do today?". When it came to the question "yummy food I ate:", he wrote - granola bars, swedish fish, slim jim, sports bubble gum, M&Ms and little candies from my friend. Man, do I sound like a good mom, or what? :) I swear that Thea's suitcase has the healthier food to eat!!

Speaking of Thea's suitcase, I sure hope it gets here soon. I'm so disappointed that I don't have h er babydoll to give to her when we meet her. I think I might buy one at Wal-Mart in the morning.

I'm going to attach photos of the babydoll and her room at home. My mom and I worked on her room at midnight a couple of days before we left. It turned out so cute. I hope she likes it.

We have a long day tomorrow so I better quit typing. In about 13 hours I get to meet my daughter!!!!!

Hugs and kisses to the kids. Thank you Grandma Linda and Grandma Carol for keeping them safe and happy :)

10 comments:

KCB said...

Wow I wish I could email you some McDonalds or Jets Pizza or something! Did you bring enough food? Next time---Military MRE's! Jeff got Chicken Fajitas for camping! HA! Anyways, it will be interesting what Thea thinks of OUR food!!!! Can't wait to hear about your day tomorrow! Miss you! Have a GREAT time! Bowmans

Anonymous said...

Kari,

Your blog is not boring, this is awesome. Praying faithfully today.

Kam,

Please give your sister a big smile and sweet hug from us.

Mark,

KFC !

We love you guys and can't wait to read next posting.

Sehmers

Anonymous said...

Lambs!!!! We are so excited for you all - Thea the most! I was laughing when I first started reading your blog - then (can you guess Kari???) the tears are flowing and I can't seem to turn it off! These are 'happy,thankful' tears though! Thinking of and praying for you everyday! Hey, Kam - you Rock dude!
xoxoxoxoxox
Kevin, Barbie, Maddie and Lindsey

Anonymous said...

kam,
I missed you at golf today and good thing you weren't there because it started to pour down rain after we got done eating lunch. Here is what you missed at golf... We learned how to chip and we did the same things as last week except we got to ride in golf carts.
I guess i'm not that good at goalie and i'm never going to be agian.

Have a great time meeting your sister tomorrow. How do you think Thea will like our food?

Love,
Joel.

Hi Kam,

I hope you have fun with your sister and I hope you can play games together.
Love,
Olivia

Anonymous said...

Thea,
Hi I am Jessica Ohneck My brother is on kam's hockey team! I would just like to say good luck to the whole family and i can not wait to meet u!

P.S.- if u don't like hockey now just wait until fall! :-)

-JESSICA OHNECK

Anonymous said...

Hi Kam,

We just wanted to tell you, we miss you and hope you are having fun in China.. We don't like the pictures of the food, though. We hope that you send us an e-mail soon, with pictures of your new sister. We can't wait to meet her.

Love,
Anthony, Sara and Cristina and our mom

The Greens said...

Hi-- I just wanted to wish you the best as you prepare to meet Thea. We just adopted a nine-year-old girl from China as well. We also have a three-year-old from China who is blind-- so we have a lot in common. Where do you live? It would be fun for Graci to talk to Thea on the phone if you were ok with it-- we really want her to retain her Mandarin.

Hugs!
Christianne
www.elizabethmei.com
www.goingbackforgraci.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Ottenbreits,
Hopefully everyone had a good nights sleep!!!! We miss you guys, Alex is counting down the days until Kam comes home, he also wants to know if Kam and Coach Mark have found any ice rinks. Nathan just wants to see new pictures all of the time, so keep posting them!!!!
We are so excited to meet Thea.
Nathan also wants me to tell you that he is "The Awesomest"

Love you and God Bless.
Kelley, Alex and Nathan

Jennifer said...

Kari

I was so excited to see your post and excited to see you on this journey again. We adopted Taylor from Hefei after you got Ben. We have just started the process for #2. Congratulations on your daughter she is simply beautiful. We will be following your trip.

Jennifer
www.thehewgleys.blogspot.com

Sheri_n_Ben said...

Congratulations on your beautiful daughter! Can't wait to see your gotcha day pics!!

Sheri W. (Leilah Di's Mommy)
(from the Waiting Child China yahoo group)
Leilah Di waiting for us in Fuzhou, Fujian

journeytoleilahgrace.blogspot.com